I don't know if it's an age thing, or if it's because for the first time in about 10 years, someone guessed my age as *shock* my age and not something comfortably younger, but, I have developed an insatiable desire for all things nice to my skin.
I have been using the same reliable products for about the last 7 or 8 years, which is really about as long as I have been bothering to do things like colour in my eyebrows, use concealer, and generally wear make-up every-time I leave the yard. But since I have noticed that I need a bit more than just 'my spirit' to get me going in the morning, I wanted to actually spend some time discovering new shit that will actually work, and also maybe shit that doesn't fuck with animal testing or kill my chances of seeing the arctic circle before I die.
Solution? -I went into Space NK in Wimbledon Village, and I said to the nice lady "I need some new things" and, lo, she did sit me down and put fucking lovely things on my face - I might add, she did not then cajole me into buying anything, the products spoke for themselves, and so yeah here I am really, down a months food grocery's but FUCK does my skin feel like the shit right now.
Below are the products that I am now the proud owner of, clockwise from top left:
1) Chantecaille Vital Essence £86 - Ive dabbled with serums before, but honestly nothing in this price range. I was a little shocked that I firmed it to be honest, but i'm not going to lie, sometimes, you really do get what you pay for. This shit doubles up as eye and face serum, is super natural, and over time it slaps your collagen production back into action, visa vie, it plumps out your skin and helps you to continue lying to yourself about your age. Worth it.
2) Hourglass Veil mineral Primer - £20-£98 - Okay. So, this felt magnificent. Essentially its a water-resistant primer that smooths out your pores, and of course, this means it's going to lock in all that baddie moisture that you've just worked so hard to apply (- like literally a whole days wages) MUAD. I would say if you could only choose one thing from here, go for the pocket size of this. It's fucking sick.
3) Nars Sheer Glow Foundation - £32 - Now i'm not going to lie, I felt a bit skeptical about swapping foundation brands,
I have been a long-time MAC advocate, and have always needed something that works hard and stay's on all day, and honestly I am yet to find something that stays on as well as the pro-longwear, BUT this stuff, my gosh this stuff. It. Feels. Fucking. Incredible. Lovely Lady encouraged me to wash my hands, ditch the brushes and apply this with my finger tips as it really works best when it's warmed up ever so slightly. I thought she was insane, but nah, she knows her stuff. It makes my skin so smooth I can't explain. Just go try some. It is buildable in layers so you achieve the coverage you need, and it actually has a brightening formula, so the longer you use it, the better your skin gets. SOLDE.
4) Nars Soft Matte Concealer - £23 I'm a complete convert. Imagine having not used any other foundation or concealer and then suddenly discovering that 'oh shit, my skin has changed with my hormones over time' and actually, there is something better for you out there. REAL TALK. Much like the lost son that I never knew I had, this baby just came into my life, and I was so happy to see it. It is just super soft. Like butter, -no, like whipped butter. It just works mate. Fucking lovely stuff.
5) Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer £45 - After making my skin feel like baby rabbit soft, LL made my cheeks glow with this, she used the tiniest bit, but man oh man does it do it's job well.
So, that's it. I spent like a weeks wages, but fuck it, I will confidently say I will do it again when the time comes (-which won't be soon, because all of these products will last a fucking age) and I thoroughly recommend giving these guys a shot. - Of course your skin is different to mine, so fucking treat yo self and go visit the lovely ladies in Wimbledon Village - they are absolute babes, and they might even give you some free samples.
Maybe I will treat you all to a video next time.... STAY WOKE
Creative in London