This week the Converse One Star Hotel launches. A uniquely tailored showcase of installations and experiences curated by the new ‘Converse Collective’ which includes; A$AP Nast, Yung Lean, Princess Nokia, Leo Mandella, Tizzy T and The Basement who have all collaborated with Converse to create content and exclusive experiences within the hotel.
Champion opened a store in London!! Aiieeeee good news for us because that means that they now also SHIP to the UK - heck yeah!! I also discovered that they have some absolute top bangers online like this Canary gold hoodie and these fleece overalls, and it seems to be generally better priced than anywhere else I have previously purchased Champion. Flipping nang mate. - Also I don't know if I mentioned, but it's my birthday this week - just saying :D
I don't know if it's an age thing, or if it's because for the first time in about 10 years, someone guessed my age as *shock* my age and not something comfortably younger, but, I have developed an insatiable desire for all things nice to my skin.
I have been using the same reliable products for about the last 7 or 8 years, which is really about as long as I have been bothering to do things like colour in my eyebrows, use concealer, and generally wear make-up every-time I leave the yard. But since I have noticed that I need a bit more than just 'my spirit' to get me going in the morning, I wanted to actually spend some time discovering new shit that will actually work, and also maybe shit that doesn't fuck with animal testing or kill my chances of seeing the arctic circle before I die.
Solution? -I went into Space NK in Wimbledon Village, and I said to the nice lady "I need some new things" and, lo, she did sit me down and put fucking lovely things on my face - I might add, she did not then cajole me into buying anything, the products spoke for themselves, and so yeah here I am really, down a months food grocery's but FUCK does my skin feel like the shit right now.
Below are the products that I am now the proud owner of, clockwise from top left:
1) Chantecaille Vital Essence £86 - Ive dabbled with serums before, but honestly nothing in this price range. I was a little shocked that I firmed it to be honest, but i'm not going to lie, sometimes, you really do get what you pay for. This shit doubles up as eye and face serum, is super natural, and over time it slaps your collagen production back into action, visa vie, it plumps out your skin and helps you to continue lying to yourself about your age. Worth it.
2) Hourglass Veil mineral Primer - £20-£98 - Okay. So, this felt magnificent. Essentially its a water-resistant primer that smooths out your pores, and of course, this means it's going to lock in all that baddie moisture that you've just worked so hard to apply (- like literally a whole days wages) MUAD. I would say if you could only choose one thing from here, go for the pocket size of this. It's fucking sick.
3) Nars Sheer Glow Foundation - £32 - Now i'm not going to lie, I felt a bit skeptical about swapping foundation brands,
I have been a long-time MAC advocate, and have always needed something that works hard and stay's on all day, and honestly I am yet to find something that stays on as well as the pro-longwear, BUT this stuff, my gosh this stuff. It. Feels. Fucking. Incredible. Lovely Lady encouraged me to wash my hands, ditch the brushes and apply this with my finger tips as it really works best when it's warmed up ever so slightly. I thought she was insane, but nah, she knows her stuff. It makes my skin so smooth I can't explain. Just go try some. It is buildable in layers so you achieve the coverage you need, and it actually has a brightening formula, so the longer you use it, the better your skin gets. SOLDE.
4) Nars Soft Matte Concealer - £23 I'm a complete convert. Imagine having not used any other foundation or concealer and then suddenly discovering that 'oh shit, my skin has changed with my hormones over time' and actually, there is something better for you out there. REAL TALK. Much like the lost son that I never knew I had, this baby just came into my life, and I was so happy to see it. It is just super soft. Like butter, -no, like whipped butter. It just works mate. Fucking lovely stuff.
5) Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer £45 - After making my skin feel like baby rabbit soft, LL made my cheeks glow with this, she used the tiniest bit, but man oh man does it do it's job well.
So, that's it. I spent like a weeks wages, but fuck it, I will confidently say I will do it again when the time comes (-which won't be soon, because all of these products will last a fucking age) and I thoroughly recommend giving these guys a shot. - Of course your skin is different to mine, so fucking treat yo self and go visit the lovely ladies in Wimbledon Village - they are absolute babes, and they might even give you some free samples.
Maybe I will treat you all to a video next time.... STAY WOKE
If you don't know how to make a pancake, are you even a real human? It is so easy to make pancakes that I can't believe you even if you say you can't. Thank FUCK for the internet then if you can't. Below I attach some links to my favourite kind of pankooks and a really really helpful super informative video.
Hairy Biker Fluffy banana pancakes
Mauritian pancakes for the fam
Pancakes by the sawss gawd Jean Christophe Novelli
Enjoy a pancake with my first real husband
Never one to miss a beat in the scene, Ronnie Fieg has bought Emily Oberg on board as the women's creative lead for KITH. Formally at Complex, the designer of Sporty and Rich has a strong presence online and is stylish as fuck. As if the brand couldn't get any fucking cooler, smug bastards. 10/10 will cop if they accomadate my massive tet size (XXXL).
Images via KITH
For the last few weeks I've been stuck at home. It's been a fucking drag. In a bid to perk myself up I decided to share some of my favourite coffee spots in my hometown of Wimbledon. Arguably there's not a lot going on here, other than the annual tourist fest that is the tennis but it should be noted that it's a nice place to get away from it all. The town offers some great food spots but I come mostly for the coffee. Today I sipped a latte at the recently opened Loft above the Alexandra pub. It's a real nice place. Cosy fire and a covered outside terrace for all your vaper-capers. The coffee banged a solid 10/10. I think that's pretty reasonable. A medium roast with a double shot served in big cup. Nice. More spots later this week. Tits.
As a plus size girl, i'm pretty regularly disappointed by the general lack of interesting or generally fashionable garms out there. Although it is becoming more accepted that people come in all shapes and sizes, there is still a distinct lack of engaging content for people like me out there. For this reason I thought, Fuck it! I'll start my own fucking community online. Get involved by liking the page here and join the group to start trading your own items here <3
Anyone that know's me, knows that I roll deep with Scotch Whisky. I have been known to indulge in an Irish Whiskey or two, but I rarely branch out in Bourbon. Until now that is. Champagne Papi can do no wrong in my eyes so naturally i'm going to try cop a bottle of this luxury liquor - Virginia Black. His first foray into the world of big boy blends is only currently available in the 6 (Canada/States) but i'm willing to go to ridiculous lengths to try some. So watch this space I guess..
I don't often feel this way about preme anymore, but I can honestly say I would cop more than a few items from this seasons drop. From this weeks drop i'm scouting the Undercover bomber and coaches jacket. Wish me luck! - Dropping this thursday online and instore via Peter Street.